Change Management for Medical Affairs
This 3-day online course brings together the soft and hard skills needed to navigate the constantly changing healthcare environment, with particular reference and relevance to those working in Medical Affairs teams, both head office and in-field.
Participants will learn about and understand the many forms change can take and develop skills to allow them to navigate change effectively, whilst focusing on specific Medical Affairs change challenges that they are currently facing.
There be a strong focus on practical approaches to planning and how to create a structured plan around change. This will include providing checklists so participants can monitor the impact of any change strategies and plans that they put into place post-course. Further implementation checklists will be given as takeaway resources to structure their thinking, to ensure solutions fit the resources available, and to take into account the motivations of key stakeholders.
By the end of the course, participants will understand fully the change process, and how to respond to change in a positive manner, recognising the opportunities it creates for them personally, and for Medical Affairs teams.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand what is happening in the external healthcare landscape, and why change is inevitable
- Know the different forms change can take, and the key terminology used by change management specialists
- Recognise typical change scenarios that pharmaceutical Medical Affairs professionals experience, and how to address these
- Understand the four key groups in organisational change – Champions, Agents, Sponsors and Targets – and how to manage them
- Know the success factors that will enable them to manage change effectively
- Recognise the opportunities that change creates for them personally, and for Medical Affairs teams
- Understand the emotional components of change and the stages people transition through when faced with change
- Take away techniques to effectively manage specific Medical Affairs change scenarios
- Be ready to take on a change implementation, and leave with a set of implementation checklists
- Be equipped with further change management tools and techniques that they can put into practice within their role over the coming months
- The Medical Affairs change landscape, external and internal
- The ever changing healthcare sector and its stakeholders
- External environment and revolutionary change
- Internal environment and transformational change
- Change management language and understanding what it really means
- Some underpinning theories of change management and change leadership
- Understanding the change curve and why motivation matters
- Emotional responses to change and managing resistance
- Understanding why change can fail, and mitigating risk
- Changing mindsets, and seeking solutions and positive outcomes
- Building the ability to anticipate change, and practising change readiness
- Sharing specific Medical Affairs change scenarios
- Strategies for managing complexity and supporting others
- Building a shared vision and bringing people together
- Being an agent of change and creating a plan
- Coaching peers through change
Who should attend?
Medical Scientific Liaisons (MSLs), Regional Medical Liaisons (RMLs), Executive Medical Scientific Liaisons, Scientific Advisors, Scientific Project Managers, Field Medical Advisors, Field Medical Managers, Senior Medical Advisors, Medical Affairs Officers, Medical Managers, Medical Affairs Managers
Our online training experience includes
- Our client zone – a single source for all training materials as well as pre and post-training communication
- Live interactive format via the Zoom platform
- Direct interaction with the trainer
- Q&As, case studies, polls
- Revisit recorded sessions for 30 days
- Training in digital format
- Digital and LinkedIn certificates
Change Management for Medical Affairs
Download the full training agenda to reveal complete session details, training takeaways, case studies, daily schedule, special features and full trainer bio.