Advanced Industrial Process and Unit Operations Scale-up
24 – 26 November 2021, online training
Fifty percent of all commercial scale process implementations fail. This course will address critical success factors for process innovation and scale-up from idea to commercial scale start-up. From innovation stage,discovery, concept, feasibility, development, detailed design through to construction, procurement, and start-up. Specific attention is paid to design, modelling and experimentation. The course consists of interactive lectures, discussions and workshops applied to real industrial cases.
Who should attend?
- Process Engineers
- Process Chemists
- Process Developers
- Process Managers
- R&D Managers
- R&D Scientists
- Plant Technologists
From the chemical, refining, food & beverage, EPC contracting and process industries.
- Identify critical aspects of integrated process scale-up
- Choose the best process and unit operations in view of scale-up
- Make an innovation plan for a given case
- Interactive lectures supported by case studies
- Learn from workshops solving real industry problems
- Scale-up risks of processes
- Stage-gate innovation steps to reduce risks
- Connections between design,modelling and experimental validation
- Pilot plant design and test program decisions
- Start-up preparation
- Technology Readiness Levels assessment for new process technologies.
- Key scale-up performance phenomena of unit operations.
- Choice of unit operations in view of scale-up
- Scale-up methods for unit operations.
- Hours of interactive learning
- Online Breakout rooms
- Case studies, workshops & lessons learned
- Training materials in digital format
- Digital copy of Jan’s Industrial Process Scale-up, A Practical Innovation Guide from Idea to Commercial Implementation (2nd Edition)
- All delegates will receive digital & LinkedIn certificates